Saturday, June 6, 2009

UP up and away


(Spoilerific Post. You have been warned)
So I finally saw UP in theaters today, and I honestly can't decide what I think of it.
Was it a good movie?
Absolutely.
Would I want to buy it on DVD?
Not sure.

My reasoning behind it, is that It hat me totally weepy right at the end of that first montage. That is not to say I hate movies with sadness in them. I REALLY like Bambi, and to me that is one of the most touching death scenes ever. Also I really like Titanic and Moulin Rouge which both end very tragically. but UP had me tearing up more than once. The reason I think for it I think was because. Carl's life was very real. As much as I hate to admit it, Most likely, one spouse or the other is going to go before the other one (Unless you're like those fools in the Notebook) It was even more sad, because Carl's love for Ellie was still as strong as it was at the beginning, and when she died he totally was missing part of himself.
Also when he got the court summons that was really sad for me too, just because of his facial expression.
And when Russell was confessing about how his dad sort of ditched him and when he didn't show up to the wilderness explorer thing, It was SO sad to me.

Kevin was cute though.

Also Dug was adorable.

The colors were fantastic, and the nuances in the changes in saturation were excellent.

I loved their attention to detail. Making Carl's beard kind of grow, and Dug's paw's dirty and everything.

Bravo Pixar for making a great movie. Even if it's not my kind of tear-jerker.

No comments: