Friday, July 16, 2010

What the...? Earthquake in Maryland??

"A magnitude 3.7 earthquake occurred in the Potomac-Shenandoah region at 5:04 a.m. Friday morning, according to U.S. Geological Survey."


Here I was just laying snug in my bed when all of a sudden I feel and hear a this rumbling sound way early in the morning. And the creepy thing was it lasted way longer than thunder, and if felt way stronger. I thought it was my imagination/a dream but I heard my mom and sister react to it too. I thought about moving under a desk, but in my mind it was inconceivable that there would be an earthquake HERE of all places. So I was lying there thinking about it, so I do the first thing that comes to mind. I get online to see if that wasn't just me. Facebook statuses start changing and someone finally links to the facts.

I have to admit my thoughts were muddled I feel like I was irritated it woke me up, then confused thinking "What the...? is this an earthquake?" and by the time I was about to go into disaster mode, and get under a desk, it was over. I think I was sort of thinking about Pushing Daisies, as I was woken since I did watch 3 episodes with my sister the night before... weird.

And to think, I left Utah at the end of the semester sad, but deep deep down feeling that there might be an earthquake, and if there was one I wouldn't be around to feel it. and Maryland goes and has one...

I just experienced an earthquake.

Not a big one.

But an earthquake all the same

No comments: